A large portion of your house’s curb appeal depends on its exterior doors. Doors aren’t just pathways that get you in and out of the house; they also reflect who you are. You can tell what type of homeowner lives in a house by simply looking at their exterior doors. Therefore, many property owners invest in new doors. But before we talk about front door replacement, it’s essential to learn about when you need to install a new door.
Reasons to Get a Front Door Replacement
As experts in exterior residential doors, we recommend replacing yours as soon as you see the following signs:
- Your front door doesn’t close or open properly
- You notice drafts around your doors
- Your door gets stuck
- Breaks, scratches, and visible damage to your door
If this is the case, it’s time to replace your doors. Entry doors shape your house’s identity. While the main function of an entry door is to provide privacy and security to the house’s occupants, they contribute to the appearance of your home. Homeowners can transform the exterior of their property simply by replacing an old door with a new one.
The Benefits of a Front Door Replacement
Many homeowners stall a new door installation. If you think your door can last 5 more years, think again. Installing a new entry door comes with the following benefits:
A drafty door can cost you a lot of money on utility bills. If your door isn’t properly insulated, heat will escape and cold air will trickle inside in the winter, and vice versa in the summer. As a result, you need to turn your heater or AC on for longer to keep the house’s temperature exactly how you like it.
Ease of Use
One of the most common problems with old doors is that the hinges no longer work or the door doesn’t close easily. While the solution to this problem can be a simple lubricant application, sometimes door hinges are damaged beyond repair. Nonetheless, this kind of damage is natural since elements of wear and tear inevitably affect the quality of the door. Installing a new door spares you the trouble of damaged hinges. As a result, opening and closing your front door is no longer a hassle.
In addition to functionality, a front door replacement enhances your home’s appearance. We offer a wide range of designs, styles, and colours, so you can match your exterior doors to the overall design of your property. A new entry door comes with many advantages that make it a worthy investment. A beautiful entry door will raise the value of your property and will make the right first impression on potential buyers if you decide to sell your home.
Front Door Replacement Upgrades
- Durable Door Slab – Steel door slabs are tough and sturdy. They also come in a wide range of colours so you can easily customize them to suit your house’s exterior.
- Weather-Stripping – Weather-stripping preserves your house’s energy. The latest weatherstripping technologies in entry doors preserve your house’s temperature, by preventing the cool air to escape in the summer and the cold air to trickle inside in the winter.
- Insulated Threshold – The thresholds on our doors are designed to be draft-proof. A well-insulated threshold saves energy because it traps heat inside the house in the winter and doesn’t allow cold air to escape in the summer.
- Modern Door Frames – With a solid structural door frame, modern door frames are now made to stand the test of time. Steel is also one of the best materials to use for doors because it’s weather-resistant and fully recyclable.
- Sturdy Door Handle – Handles are the most used part in a door. Daily use causes them to peel, rust, loosen or even break. However, we install high-quality door handles made of materials that do not corrode or deteriorate.
- Transom for More Light – Transoms are glass panes that sit on top of the door slab. They help bring more light into the room. Although transoms are an optional feature, they can add a lot of overall appeal of your entry door.
- Sidelights – Our entry doors come with either a single sidelight on one side of the slab (right or left) or two sidelights on each side. Sidelights provide a better view of the outdoors and add light to your house, too.
If you’re looking for a front door replacement, there are many options on the market to choose from. Consult a professional entry door installation service to learn about the factors to consider before you buy a new door for your house.